1982 – Keur – Alme Z x Amor
Animo, belongs to a very small Elite group of “Top breeders”. He is on his way to becoming the most important son of “Chef de Race” Almé. He has received his due recognition by being declared “Keur” and follows in the footsteps of his father Almé in a remarkable way. He has received “Keur for life” from the KWPN. Animo is the only KWPN stallion available as stud who has personally participated in the Olympic Games (Barcelona 1992). Michael Whitaker once said in an interview in “Horse and Hound”, “Animo is the best jumping stallion in Europe”.
Animo is the sire of (amongst others):
- Gina Lolobrigida (Franke Sloothaak)
- Bodyguard (Philippe Lejeune)
- Aniapollo (Norman Dello Joio)
- Mystery Lady (Katrina Lampe)
- Colorado (Albert Voorn, Harry Smolders)
- Billy Orange (Roelof Bril)
- Franky Boy (Thomas Buholzer)
- Andiamo Z (Jos Lansink, Jean Claude Vangeenberghe, Christof Cleeren)
- AK Animo (Thomas Sandgard)
- Clear Round than party (Geir Gulliksen)
- Parabel (Mareille Schröder)
- VDL Pessoa (Viktor Texeira)
- Riovanne (Harry Smolders)
- Robin Hood W (Ben Maher).
Besides, for example, Mystery Lady (Katina Lampe, Bodyguard (Philip Lejeune) Albert Voorn and Colorado were also “hot news”. They won, amongst other things, the Grand-Prix at Cannes and stand a serious chance of being selected for the Dutch team in the World Games in Jerez 2002. Roelof Bril also has a super showjumper in the Animo son Billy Orange.